WomenHealth and Home remedies
Dysmenorrhoea /Amenorrhoea(Kashtartava /Anartava)
- Take 2 cloves of crushed Garlic twice a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera with a pinch of black pepper or cinnamon. Take twice a day. This helps to reduce the cramps.
- Take mild laxatives like Triphala for about two days before the scheduled start of menstruation. Massage of the lower abdomen with warm sesame oil for 10 to 15 minutes, followed by application of hot fomentation (such as a hot water bottle) while resting can sooth pain.
- Although the inclination may be to take complete rest, remaining mildly active and taking gentle but regular exercise is beneficial.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds to 2 cups of water and simmer over a moderate heat until the mixture reduces to half. Sieve, add 1 table spoon Jaggery (if you can get) or raw sugar and drink. Take this decoction twice daily for 2-3 days from the start of the menstrual cycle. Regular use with each successive cycle helps reduce the severity of symptoms.
- Boil six cups of water. Add 1cup rice and cook until rice becomes soft. Sieve the rice. The water is the rice gruel. Take one cup rice gruel and add salt (according to taste), a quarter teaspoon of black pepper. Drink warm.
- Soak five gramsof fenugreek seeds in 250 ml. water (overnight or minimum of 4 hours). Boil andreduce it to 150 ml. Filter and drink warm once or twice a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of Amla (Indian Gooseberry) powder with 1 teaspoon honey and take this mixture twice a day.
Perimenopausal and post Menopausal Syndrome (RajonivritiLakshan)
- Soak five almonds overnight. In morning peel off skin and grind almonds into a fine paste. Grind 3 black peppers, 2 pieces of cardamom and one teaspoon of anise seeds and mix them with almond paste. Add paste to 250 ml of boiled milk. Add one teaspoon of honey and drink when lukewarm.
- A teaspoon of fennel shall be taken as a mouth freshener every time after taking food or beverages.
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds powder every morning on an empty stomach for 2 to 3 months. This shall be done in winter months and not to be taken in summers.
- Drink lots of herbal tea made from combination of Coriander, fennel and ginger.
- Make a paste of seven Pomegranate leaves mixed with seven grains of rice,together crushed with a small amount of water. Take the paste twice daily for 30 days.
- Add two or three teaspoon of lemon juice to one glass of water. Add one teaspoon of raw sugar. Take twice daily.
- Take fresh coconut water once a day.
- Squeeze the juice from 200 grams of fresh coriander leaves. Take half a cup of the juice twice daily. It has a cooling effect and balances the aggravating Pitta.
- Fresh coriander leaves with 2 tablespoon of coarse coriander seed powder should be soaked in one cup of water in the morning. After 5 to 6 hours mash the solution and drink it. Some honey or sugar for taste can be added. Similarly soak at night and drink in the morning.
offered | |
Learning Helpline |
Constitution Analysis | |
| About Us
Copyright@: Chakrapani Global Center for Training & Research in Ayurveda, All rights reserved